Wednesday, August 26, 2009

island pick nick- berry short cake


, originally uploaded by heavin inc..

Boston makes a beautiful background for a delicious berry shortcake.

this Photo was taken on Spectacle Island, one of the Boston Harbor islands, on Sunday July 12th. Kevin and I met friends at the ferry and had brunch on the Islands. I especially like this picture because I think my grandpa would have enjoyed this desert, He died on July 8th, and if it is possible to pick nick to celebrate a life that is what I was attempting this day. It turned out to be beautiful and sunny day the food was good and the friends were fun. And I think my grandpa would have approved.

2 comments:

Jenny Kroik said...

This looks delicious! :} did you guys pick the berries?
We just ate the last fresh blueberries we picked (we froze the rest)
Come to visit Eugene sometime!

Cordell said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate a special person and his life!