Saturday, May 9, 2009

I Graduated!!!!








On May 2, 2009 I graduated From the accelerated bachelors in nursing at the Massachusetts General Hospital Institute of Health Professions. The Ceremony was held in a large (warm) tent on the Harvard Medical school lawn. It was supposed to rain but the day turned out to be beautiful. Cordell and Carol (Kevin's Parents) came from Nebraska to visit for the weekend and help us celebrate.

After the comencement we went out for French Cambodian food at the Elephant Walk a very nice restaurant near our home. I had
Rouleaux Spring rolls filled with ground pork, peanuts, carrots, onion and beanthread. Served with fresh greens and herbs for wrapping and tuk trey on the side for dipping
Chilled Avocado Citrus Soup - Freshly squeezed orange and lime juices, avocado, tomato, and button mushroom; garnished with cilantro…
Poulet Rôti et Gratin Dauphinois - Roasted bone-in chicken breast with a mushroom red wine reduction, potato gratin and sautéed
Le Péché au Chocolat - A rich, creamy, chocolate truffle cake perfectly paired with raspberry sauce leeks and spinach

The Rouleaux is my favorite.


It was a fun weekend.

on Monday I began to complete the 238 hours of clinical I still need in order to be eligible to sit for my licensing exam. I will be working 3 12 hour shifts a week at MGH for the next 7 weeks. I have enjoyed my shifts so far and look forward to learning allot more as the days go by.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

(((Heather))), I am SO PROUD of you!!!!! And a bit envious, too, truth be told. What a feeling of accomplishment that must be. You go, girl!

xoxo

Cordell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cordell said...

What great photos and neat reminders of a wonderful weekend with you both!! Heather you are so pretty and look so happy! Thinking of you lots as you now apply the head knowledge to working situations. So eager to talk to you about some of your experiences. Call me when you aren't working, ok? Love you,
Carol