Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sunday dinner







We recently Had Friends over for dinner on a Sunday We haven't done that for a long time. It was a good evening eating and telling stories. And it was fun to spend the day cooking and preparing. Doing a little dusting and of course cleaning the bathroom. I Made Cajun salmon with Rainbow chard and Couscous with lemon zest and peas (for color) the chard was so many bright colors in the bag lots of different greens as well as yellow, red, blue, orange and purple, After I cooked it the colors all went blendy on me, but it tasted really good. I have been trying to eat more greens, I thought i didn't like chard or kale because i didn't like them as a younger me but I am happy to say my taste buds must be chilling out because both chard and kale are delicious. If any one has a wonderful recipe for greens that i should try that would be great because I want to try to eat them more than once a year.
Since starting my nutrition class I have been reminded of the value of variety in your diet. I do eat several different kinds of frozen pizza if that counts. I don't, however, eat enough fruits (Here i stop to praise my friends in Catalunya Because I think they actually do eat enough fruit Judging by the size of the fruit basket they brought out after dinner it was awe inspiring) , I am actually better at eating veggies, but even so I don't technically eat enough of them either. So here is to encouraging my friends and the world to eat healthier and feel happier and eat with friends because its one of the truly good things in life.
That's all, I am supposed to be studying nutrition not preaching it so i better get back to work.

PS
try something you didn't like as a kid, You might like it now.
and if you are a kid try something you think you don't like (you probably still won't like it but you never know)

2 comments:

Snuggle said...

KEVIN HAS A LONGER HAIR!!!!!!

Sorry but I needed to shout it out:)

How long haven't we talked to each other?

Bullis family lover:D,
(I just love them all)
K from Nihon (Japan)

Colleen said...

Can I interest you in a Green Smoothie? : )