Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Having a BABY!

Today we walked in the Rain to 333 longwood Ave for an ultrasound. Noodle (that's what we call the baby) is currently 19 weeks and 1 day old. The wild turkeys were grazing on the corner and frustrating the morning commuters with their stubborn refusal to get out of the road. The trees here are still bright with fall color, yellows, reds and brown-orange, and the leaves popped out and glowed in contrast to the black wet wood of the the tree trunks and power poles. It was a beautiful and exciting walk for several reasons first Because we hadn't seen noodle for a while and second because we were very hopeful that we would find out if our baby was boy or girl so we could stop calling little Noodle IT. Once we began looking at noodles parts, 4 limbs (2 arms 2 legs) a (perfect) brain, 4 heart chambers, two cute little kidneys, 10 fingers and 10 toes we almost forgot to ask . When a 2cd person came in to do the required double check we asked if she could tell us and after a few minutes she announced quite confidently its a BOY.
Now we can call noodle HE. He moves around allot I can feel it from time to time witch is fun. I look forward to the day that Kevin can feel it too.



13 comments:

holly said...

That is soooo awesome. I can't wait to tell the girls and Pryor. He will have a little boy cousin to play cars with. I am stoked.

Unknown said...

Soooo happy for you two!! Really whising and praying all goes very well for both baby and mom... well, and dad too :) FELICIDADES!!

r a c h e l said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations!!!! I couldn't be more happy for you!!! Let me know if you want Riley's old clothes. Most are in very good condition. Some stuff is still brand new with tags. Skot wants to drive up to Boston for a trip soon and maybe we can all come and bring it your way. It's a TON of stuff!
Rachel, Skot and Riley Kremen

M. Tamminga (@oneaprilday) said...

Thanks for sharing this, Heather! A BOY!!!! :) :) :) Bigs hugs to all three of you.

Christina said...

Yay! I can't believe it. Congratulations.

Trynsimple said...

Yay yay yay! SO happy for you both. We got to take a peek at Tatiana and (a) the ultrasound tech still thinks she's a girl and (b) she looks good and (c) I got covered in ultrasound gel.

Love you, sis.

MI_Hawkeye said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news. Praying for good health for all of you!

Sarah said...

EXCELLENT!!!!

Colleen said...

A boy, eh? I know a little something about that subject. :-D I can't wait to see you ~ and am going to make sure it happens!

Colleen said...

Btw, if Boy Noodle really does have 4 legs and 4 arms, that could be kinda handy. ;-D

Cordell said...

Thinking of this special baby (and his cousin) brings smiles to my face! So excited for your new son coming!

Unknown said...

Congrats to you both Heather. You must be fantasically excited.
- Rick Fitz

Deb M said...

Oh my goodness! I'm in TEARS!!!! What a Thanksgiving for the THREE of you!

Okay, calm down, Deb. No more exclamation points.

You will love having a little boy . . . oh, here it comes!!! A boy!!!! Sorry. Yes, now and then, I wish I had a daughter--a wedding to plan, frilly clothing to purchase--but over all, I'm all about boys.

Congratulations dear people!